Everyone has a favorite pink or a favorite red or a favorite just plain loud lipstick color that they love to rock. But when it comes to your nude lipsticks, how did you find your favorite? It’s a little more difficult to find a nude shade that goes perfectly with your skin/hair tones. Now there may be a way to find out what your perfect nude lipstick color is. Just match it to the color of your nipples!
Doctors off of the NBC show, The Doctors, revealed this information on a recent episode. In the now viral clip, the audience gets a kick out of it as the three try different lipstick shades on and look down their shirts to figure it out. As I watched the video, I found myself wondering: “Does this really work?”
In my opinion, it makes sense for some people! You don’t want your nude shade to match you skin or else it will look like you have no lips. You can’t go with the same shade as your lips, or else what is the point in wearing the lipstick? Going with the same shade as your nipples provides a color that naturally goes well with your skin tone without doing anything crazy. It’s so simple, it’s genius!
I do believe, however, that this won’t be perfect for anyone. Obviously if you happen to try it and you think it looks terrible, don’t go with it. You need to be confident in the way you look! Some people may end up with a tone that just isn’t perfect for their face. It’s really an experiment.
While this definitely isn’t going to work for everyone, it’s a fun place to start! Rock this weird beauty fact! Does it apply to you? What do you think about this?
*Affiliate links included. I do make commission off of any purchases made, but usually hand pick the items so they are ones I truly recommend.*
Links A La Mode:
I was chosen for this week’s Links A La Mode. Check out the rest of the articles!
Links à la Mode, May 11th
- Aesthetic Distance: No, I Am Not Trying To Be White Just Because I Dye My Hair Blonde
- April Was Here: Oversized Sweater and Ruffle Gingham Skirt
- Cammeo Head to Toe: A Mother’s Day Wish
- Dangerously Me: Denim Overalls
- Distinguished Diva: Skin Care Products for Women of Color
- Ella Pretty Blog: Affordable Alternatives to the Chanel Handbag
- Everyday Starlet: How to Get Rid of Bacne + Back Health & Fitness Tips
- Fashionista Momma: Chambray Romper
- Finite 1: Sweet Stripes Style + Round Up Best Stripe Dresses & Tops
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Packing Tips for Consultants
- Florid Maven: 5 Fashion Hacks that Actually Work!
- Green Acres Meets Paris: Dinner Party: Special Mother’s Day Edition
- Golden Med Girl: Monochromatic Outfits
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: Striped Maternity Dress x Ponte Vest
- Individually Chic: A Brief History Of Mexican Fashion
- Jessica Sheppard: The Writing on the Wall | Dream Big
- Katie Kinsley: Mother’s Day Gifts
- La Veine: 8 Habits of Incredibly Happy People
- Middle of Somewhere: Embroidered Dress + Style Link Up
- Pauline BKJ: How I Get the Perfect Tan
- Saccharine Soul: How to Plan Your Summer Wardrobe
- With Wonder and Whimsy: Taking Your Blog from Creative Outlet to Career